Featured Coaching Excerpt - Notes & Transcript, Part 1
The Formula for Success | ADAPT or Die - Recap: 1. Accept that the cavalry is not coming
The Formula for Success | ADAPT or Die - Recap: 2. Determine who your ideal and likely buyers are and who they aren't.
The Formula for Success | ADAPT or Die - Recap: 3. Action-oriented
The Formula for Success | ADAPT or Die - Recap: 4. Package your product and services in a Tiffany's box and not a K-Mart bag.
Ask Yourself: How would the person who I would like to become dress, talk, etc.?
The Formula for Success | ADAPT or Die - Recap: 5. Tenaciously pursue your goals
Editor's Note: For all FREE downloads email us at:
- We're gonna go ahead and recap here. We're talking about ADAPT or die. ADAPT is an acronym, now, and, Clay, I'm going to go ahead and walk all the Thrivers through this one more time. Here we go.
- [Clay] Sure. "Accept the cavalry is not coming." The first A.
- Yeah, and I wanna make sure we're getting this "accepted." Just understand that the cavalry's not gonna follow, they're not gonna follow you and go, "Hey, I'm here to help you! "Hey, your business is struggling! "I'm here to help ya, how you doing? It's like moving. No one's gonna come help you move. You gotta call people. No one's like, "Hey, I wanna help you move." I mean if you have someone who, if you have a friend who calls you and volunteers to help you move, that is a sick freak who you need to just hug and figure out how you have a friend that's that awesome. I mean, that's just, you know what I mean? That's what we're talking about. Back to you!
- D, determine who your ideal and likely buyers are and who they aren't.
- And quit trying to do this ridiculous, oh I, I love all people, and really I wanna. Stop it. If you have a hockey team, focus on hockey fans first. Then focus on people who like sports where there's low scoring, like soccer. I'm just kidding. Then you have to focus on ideal and likely buyers. Focus on people that would appreciate what you're offering.
- A, be action-oriented.
- Yeah, just be a person of action. Don't be a person of philosophy. This weekend, I'm not exaggerating, I have to read three books tomorrow. I am not excited about that, but it's something I have to do because we have some great new trainings and there are some layers of content I gotta digest, but, anyway, if I learn all that and I don't do anything as a result of it, it's just a waste of time. So you have to execute. Look at Thomas Edison. Vision without execution is hallucination. Boom.
- Okay, P. Package your product and services in a Tiffany's box and not a Kmart bag.
- Yeah, I mean, guys, I'm telling you. You gotta dress to impress. Dress the way you wanna be addressed. Speak as though you have the job you want. Act as though you have the position you want. Ask yourself, how would the person that I want to become do this or that? And do that.
- T, be tenacious. Tenaciously pursue your goals.
- I just say, what you gotta do is pretend like your account's not working, then email in and watch Marshall on the Customer Service team get on it, so you can see that kind of honey badger tenacity that makes America happen. I mean, that guy's like a human bamboo.
- Clay, Jose, thank you guys for joining me this evening.
- [Jose] Gracias. We're live in 45 countries worldwide, and we're excited to be sharing this content with you Thrivers. So if you do have further questions about this training, go ahead and email us at email@example.com. We'd be happy to help them out. Clay, thank you very much.
- Um, again, Thrivers, you're the best. We're doing this for you. You have any questions, let us know. Boom.