Featured Coaching Training: Make the Plan Do the Plan: 4 Principles to Free up More Time
Everyone wants more free time to do the things they love. It can take hard effort to get things done and save time when our schedules are packed with things to do. But first, in order to save time, it’s important to examine how we spend our time. Learn the 4 Principles in this series that will allow you to free up more time.
Featured Coaching Excerpt - Notes & Transcript, Part 1
The White Moose: Clay Clark's New Nickname
Today's Topic: Make the Plan. Do the Plan. | 4 Principles to Free Up More Time
Ask Yourself: What Do I Value?
Overview: Principle 1 - Busyness Is Not Good For Business.
Principle 2 - All Opinions Are Not Equal.
Principle 3 - The Higher You Go, The More You Must Say No.
Principle 4 - Say No and Say It Often.
Lesson Nugget: Time management is life management.
- [Voiceover] Three, two, one. ♫ Help me make the most of freedom and of pleasure
- What are the ways in which you make money? What are the activities you can monetize and focus on doing that and spend less time doing the things that don't pay you. That's as simple as it can be. ♫ Wants to rule the world ♫
- Alright, we are back with another great episode. I'm here joined with SBA Entrepreneur of the Year, no other than Mr. Clay Clark himself. Clay, how are you doing today?
- I'm doing awesome. I'm starting to get a lot of traction right now with this nickname, the white moose.
- Oh yeah? Yeah!
- My kids are loving it, I'm loving it, feeling good, so.
- I need to get a new graphic and put that up there.
- The white moose is loose.
- Whoo! We are here. We are talking today about a great topic. We're talking about make the plan, do the plan: four principles to free up more time and, Clay, we're living in a society today, in America, that it seems like everybody is busy wasting time, wasting a lot of their energy on social media, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, what do you say to that?
- I'd say, if LinkedIn and Facebook and TV are things that you really value, then you should invest a lot of time in them.
- [Man with solid tie] Yeah.
- If you don't value them as much as the things you can't do, because you're doing social media and watching TV, then you need to stop doing them. So, you need to ask yourself today, like what do you value? And let's make sure we schedule time for what we value and not just drift around by default.
- Right, so I'm hearing you say, if your business depends on social media, it's not a waste of time but if you're really just wasting your time on social media and not being productive, then you've gotta do a few little things to free it up.
- Absolutely, we're gunna teach you the four moves today. I'm excited about it.
- Yeah, we're gunna talk about it. What I'm gunna do is I'm gunna give you an overview of the four principles that we're gunna be talking about, and then, after that, we're gunna dive in into each and every one of them, so. Alright, let's talk about principle number one. We're gunna be talking about busyness is not good for business. Second principle we're gunna be talking about is all opinions are not equal. The third principle: the higher you go the more you have to say, "no." That sounds like a great one. And, finally, principle number four, say "no" and say it often. Clay, man, why should we be so excited about talking about these four principles, about freeing up our time, making a plan and doing the plan?
- Each one of these moves has potential to save you an hour a day. So, each move, and there's four moves, you could potentially free up four, five hours a day, by just doing these moves. So, each one of these moves has the potential to free up an hour a day. You know, time management is life management. And, if you can't manage your time, you can't manage anything else. So, what we're gunna learn is how to manage your time today and I promise you these are very very good moves. They're gunna help you, very practically, save more time, get more stuff done, be the person you wanna be.
- Alright, I can't wait to do it.