Featured Coaching Training: Moving Forward With Your Business Idea
Are you thinking about starting a business? Starting a business and moving forward with it requires a lot of hard work, and many end up failing because of several essential steps. This amazing step-by-step course will coach you what you need to do to make it happen and succeed.
Featured Coaching Excerpt - Notes & Transcript, Part 1
Today's Topic: Moving Forward With Your Business Idea.
Editor's Note: Today's guest is our Thriver of the Month:
Notable Quotable: "Action is the real measure of intelligence."
-Napoleon HIll (American author and impresario who cribbed freely from the new thought tradition of the previous century to become an early producer of personal-success literature. Wikipedia.com)
Notable Quotable: "Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life." -Proverbs 13:12 (The Holy Bible)
Starting from scratch how do I move forward with my business idea?
-Jon - Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Lesson Nugget: Moving Forward With Your Business Idea - Overview
Step 1 - Define Your Ideal and Likely Buyers.
Step 2 - Find the Similar Best Practice Businesses (G.O.A.T.).
Step 3 - Reverse Engineer Their Success.
Step 4 - Try To Sell It Before It Exists.
Step 5 - Build a Team.
Step 6 - Write A Pitch Deck for Yourself.
- Well you're like, "I hope it works, hope it works, hope it works!" But you want to actually be doing, and to be a diligent doer, that's different from being a happy helper. Diligent doers write things down.
- Alright thrivers, we are here today getting into moving forward with your business idea. So in one of the previous trainings we talked about validating your business idea. Maybe you've gone through those four steps, and actually identified that, hey, this is the right product. This is the right business, this is the right service.
- And so today, we're getting into moving forward with your business idea with Clay Clark, and one of our thrivers of the month, John Tucker. John, we're excited to have you today.
- Thank you, I'm excited to be here.
- So Clay, what is this whole moving forward with your business idea, what are we talking about today?
- What happens is, once we kind of start of and we go, "Okay, is this idea even worth pursuing?" Now we need to move forward. We've gotta start to take action here, okay? Action according to Napoleon, action is the real measure of intelligence. I think there's a lot of people who are very smart, who don't ever take action, and what happens is is over time if you differ hope, it talks about it in Proverbs, that you begin to start to feel disappointment. So you just, we have to eventually, take some action. And so we're going to get into that action part, which is a little scary, but I'm going to try to help you do it very affordably.
- Okay, so John asked the question, sent into our mailbag, "Starting from scratch, how do I move forward with my business idea? Okay I invented, I validated my business idea," and so we're gonna get into that. We have a few steps for John and the rest of the thrivers around the world. And so I'm just gonna do a quick overview, and if you wanna tag anything on there you can Clay, okay? But I'm gonna overview of the six steps for moving forward with your business idea.
- Sounds great.
- Okay so step number one, define your ideal and likely buyers, okay? Step number two, find the similar best practice businesses in the industry. Step number three, reverse engineer their success. Step number four, try to sell it before it exists, that's gonna be exciting. Step number five, build a team. Step number six, write a pitch deck for yourself, okay? So Clay, we're gonna get into these.
- Yeah, and things I'm teaching you here, they're very very, they frustrate people who are not entrepreneurs. So I'll get into it, but I'm gonna try to kind of give you the behind the scenes of all these because I literally, when I get hired by, usually doctors, for some reason doctors, I get hired by a lot of doctors. Probably because they know I'm not as intelligent as they are, and they feel not threatened. But they'll hire me and they'll come in there and they literally can't stand, the ones who aren't successful, they can't stand these moves, they just can't handle it. So I'm going to get into it, we're going to go fast, kind of a lightening round, so let's do it.